Substance Abuse Professional Services (SAP)
DOT and Non-DOT Compliance and Beyond
- Introduction: In accordance with the Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations, individuals who have violated drug and alcohol rules must complete an evaluation with a trained and qualified Substance Abuse Professional (SAP). Our SAPs are trained and qualified to provide assessments and establish requirement to ensure that these individuals can perform their safety-sensitive functions in compliance with DOT regulations. Our services extend beyond DOT compliance – we also provide similar services for non-DOT programs.
Our Substance Abuse Professionals are now approved to provide services by telehealth technology using video conferencing.
49 CFR 40.3 “Substance Abuse Professional (SAP)”
A person who evaluates employees who have violated a DOT drug and alcohol regulation and makes recommendations concerning education, treatment, follow-up testing, and aftercare.
DOT Compliance Assessments: Our SAPs will conduct a comprehensive assessment to determine if an individual has a substance abuse problem that may affect their ability to perform safety-sensitive functions in accordance with DOT regulations.
Treatment Recommendations: Based on the assessment results, our SAPs will provide requirements for education, treatment, or follow-up testing. These requirements are intended to ensure that the individual can meet the requirements of the DOT drug and alcohol testing program and perform their safety-sensitive functions safely.
Non-DOT Compliance Assessments: Our SAPs also provide assessments and treatment requirements for individuals who are required to comply with non-DOT drug and alcohol programs. We understand the unique requirements of each program and can provide customized assessments and recommendations to meet those needs.
Ongoing Support: Our SAPs will provide continuing support and guidance to individuals undergoing education or treatment to help them complete the process and meet DOT or non-DOT requirements.
Why Choose Us:
- Qualified SAPs: Our SAPs are qualified according to US DOT Regulations and have extensive training and experience in substance abuse assessments and treatment.
- Experience: Our SAPs have many years of experience working with individuals who have violated DOT drug and alcohol regulations and are knowledgeable about the DOT regulations and requirements. Additionally, our SAPs have experience working with non-DOT programs and understand the unique requirements of each program.
- Confidentiality: Our SAPs understand the importance of confidentiality and will maintain the privacy of all individuals who receive our services.
- Initial Evaluation can usually be offered within 24 to 48 hours.
Contact Us: For more information about our Substance Abuse Professional services or to schedule an appointment, please get in touch with us